Website Users - Please read our "Terms of Website Use" below.
Advertisers - Please read our "Advertising Terms and Conditions" which follow on.
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED & DISCLAIMER
- The information contained on our site is provided for general information purposes only.
- We do not claim this to constitute legal or other professional advice and it should not be relied upon as such.
- All sales may be subject to alteration or cancellation at short notice and items advertised for sale may, under certain circumstances, be withdrawn.
- Therefore, we advise you to verify any information seen on the website with the selling agent prior to acting upon it.
- We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from access or reliance on the information on this site and to the fullest extent permitted by English Law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this site.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
- We reserve the right to temporarily suspend the web service without notice to carry out repairs, maintenance or improvements.
- We will endeavour to keep these periods to an absolute minimum and to off-peak hours where possible, however, we will not be liable if the site is unavailable at any time or for any period of time.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and the material published on it.
- Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world.
- All such rights are reserved. You may print off one copy and download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status, and that of any identified contributors, as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining prior written authority from us.
- The material displayed on our site is provided in good faith but without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
- To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue
- loss of business
- loss of profits or contracts
- loss of anticipated savings
- loss of data
- loss of goodwill
- wasted management or office time
- loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
- You must not use the site to send or receive any material which is defamatory, racist, offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene, menacing or in breach of confidence, copyright or any other legal rights.
- You must not misuse the site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
- You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Auction News Ltd's prior written consent.
- By breaching these provisions, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
- We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
- The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site.
- It is your responsibility to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes made, as they are binding on you.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
- www.auctionnews.com and www.auctionnews.co.uk are sites owned and operated by Auction News Limited.
- We are a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 4331781.
- Our registered office is: 5 Prospect Place, Millennium Way, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8HG. Our VAT number is 780185324.
- If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please email: email@example.com
PAYPAL REFERENCE TRANSACTIONS
- Reference Transactions can be taken Monthly, Quarterly or Annually depending on the Subscription type selected.
- For Premium Subscribers your Auction News magazine will be sent out by Royal Mail each Friday.
- If, for any reason whatsoever, you are not 100% delighted with the service, or even if you change your mind and decide it's not for you, simply write or telephone within 30 days of commencing your one year subscription, stating your name, address and briefly why you wish to cancel, and we will refund your subscription in full within 14 days.
ADVERTISING TERMS & CONDITIONS
In these Terms and Conditions attaching to Advertising Agreement:
- ‘Publisher’ means Auction News Ltd.
- ‘Publication’ means the Auction News magazine, website and email marketing material.
- ‘Advertiser’ means the person or company booking the advertising space.
- ‘Rate Card’ means the publisher’s current scale of charges for advertisements as published on the website.
- 'Advertising Agreement' is a legally binding contract placed by the advertiser and accepted by the publisher in accordance with the ‘Conditions’ detailed below.
- 'Copy' means the advert contents and artwork supplied by the Advertiser for insertion in the publication.
The placing of an order is deemed to be an acceptance of the following conditions:
- The publishers retain the right to refuse or withdraw advertisements at their discretion.
- The publisher shall not be responsible for any loss whatsoever (including any consequential loss) occasioned as a result of:
(a) The delay or failure of an advertisement to appear on the date or dates specified in the publication.
(b) The delay or failure (for any reason whatsoever) of any issue of a publication to appear.
- Advertising rates will be at the publisher’s prevailing rate card value as listed on the publisher’s website unless otherwise agreed in writing. The publisher reserves the right to increase rates at any time.
- Series and package discounts apply only to orders placed in advance and accompanied by a signed Advertising Agreement.
- If the advertiser cancels the balance of the series, all unearned series discount shall be paid by the advertiser. The advertiser will not be surcharged if the publisher cancels the balance of the series.
- Specified positions cannot be guaranteed unless agreed by email or in writing prior to publication.
- The publishers do not accept liability for clerical or printers errors or offer any reduction in charges. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to check their advertisements and to notify the publisher of any mistakes or inaccuracy immediately prior to publication.
- Advertisers are responsible for submitting the correct artwork in time for publication in accordance with the 'Copy Deadlines' set out on the publisher’s website. Failure to do so may result in the advertisement not appearing but the advertiser still being charged.
- All advertisement material originated by the publisher remains the publisher’s copyright.
- The advertiser will indemnify the publisher against any costs, claims, demand proceedings and expenses of any nature whatsoever made against the publisher as a direct result of the advert appearing in the publication.
- Cancellations can only be accepted up to the copy deadline as stated on the publisher’s website. A cancellation fee equal to half the cost of the advertisement may be charged at the publisher's discretion.
- Credit accounts are strictly net and payment must be made by the advertiser within 30 days from the date of the publisher’s invoice. Interest will be payable by the advertiser on the value of any invoice remaining unpaid after that date at 2% per calendar month.
- If the advertiser fails to make payment on the due date or makes any other breach of contract then the Publisher reserves the right to terminate the contract.
- Account customers may pay by BACS (preferred) by cheque or by credit/debit card. Cheques should be made payable to "Auction News Ltd" and posted to Auction News Ltd, 6 Somme Road, Derby DE22 2NP. Online banking details are available on request.
- Payments by credit card may incur a surcharge of 2.5%. Payments by debit card do not incur a surcharge. All U.K. advertisement charges are liable to VAT at 20%.
- Until credit terms are established, advertisement for new advertisers will only be accepted if pre-paid.
- Advertisers are reminded that they are responsible for complying with the various legal requirements in force at the time. e.g. The Trade Descriptions Act, The Business Advertisements (Disclosures) Order 1977, The Sex Discriminations Act. The Advertiser also warrants that the advertisement does not contravene any Act of Parliament in any way by being illegal, defamatory, obscene or an infringement of any other party’s rights or an infringement of the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing (CAP Code) as set by the Advertising Standards Authority.
- The contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the Publisher and Advertiser thereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.